Two more residents of our Halfway House are headed to work after securing jobs. A third resident is completing job training and hopes to be hired within the next 72 hours.
Searching for employment is encouraged at REAL HOUSE Inc. With support, the clients are motivated to improve their lives. Much of that support comes from our case management team.
At REAL HOUSE, there is a heavy emphasis on case management and it makes a major difference in the potential success of clients. Each resident in our Halfway Houses and our Emergency Shelters receive an individual Case Manager.
Case Managers are charged with monitoring client progress, verifying attendance in treatment, advocating for needed services, advocating for benefits and providing personal support, etc.
Substance Abuse Counselor
Real House Inc.
Real House Inc. is a licensed program with locations in Montclair, Bloomfield and Newark, New Jersey. We provide substance abuse treatment for women who need shelter, intensive outpatient, or halfway house lodging.
- Maintain clinical record documentation and services in compliance with accreditation standards.
- Works with the APN and other personnel in client evaluation and treatment to further sobriety.
- Assists client and family, through individual, group, family, and/or couples therapy.
- Provides services planned to restore client to optimum social and health adjustment.
- Performs intake, evaluation, orientation, admissions, treatment planning, counseling, documentation, discharge planning and referral of substance abusing clients, all of which must be reviewed and approved by the Clinical Director.
- Ability to perform activities such as monitor drug screens, knowledge of Breathalyzer, monitors self-administration of medications, etc.
- Assesses all new intakes to determine presence and extent of substance abuse issues; completes evaluation report.
- Develops and documents individualized treatment plans that address the needs of substance abuse client population.
- Ensures compliance with legal issues including but not limited to client confidentiality and risk management; ensures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- All full time Counselor employees will be required to participate in 50 hours of supervision by licensed staff during the course of one (1) year period.
- This position requires a BA degree in Social Science and one or two years of relevant case work experience with an adult substance abuse clientele.
- Must have CADC
- Ability to utilize NJSAMA reports(DASIE, Admission, LOCI, ASI, Discharge)
If interested to please send resume to Ann Jennings at:
REAL HOUSE Inc. is grateful to announce that we are one of the recipients of the Essex County grant intended to prevent homelessness among those seeking treatment for substance abuse.
The grant will assist REAL HOUSE Inc. in providing housing to those without funding benefits living in our halfway houses.
We would like to thank County Executive Joseph DiVencenzo, the Essex County Freeholders and the Essex County Community Health Service Office of Alcohol/Drug Abuse & Addiction Services, under the direction of Roberto Alvarez.
It is difficult to quantify how many lives you touch when you are in the field of social work and substance abuse treatment. There are often unanswered questions.
How did you impact the life of a homeless person?
Without providing treatment how far would someone’s life have spiraled out of control?
What difference did you make in the lives of their family members?
It is impossible to count the number of positive influences REAL HOUSE Inc has had but what we do know is in 2015 we housed 170 women in our Emergency Shelters. 101 women were part of our residential program in our Halfway Houses. 150 men and women received Intensive Outpatient Treatment Services.
In 2016, we expect to touch even more lives with the addition of our Halfway House for men