Substance Abuse Counselor
Real House Inc.
Real House Inc. is a licensed program with locations in Montclair, Bloomfield and Newark, New Jersey. We provide substance abuse treatment for women who need shelter, intensive outpatient, or halfway house lodging.
- Maintain clinical record documentation and services in compliance with accreditation standards.
- Works with the APN and other personnel in client evaluation and treatment to further sobriety.
- Assists client and family, through individual, group, family, and/or couples therapy.
- Provides services planned to restore client to optimum social and health adjustment.
- Performs intake, evaluation, orientation, admissions, treatment planning, counseling, documentation, discharge planning and referral of substance abusing clients, all of which must be reviewed and approved by the Clinical Director.
- Ability to perform activities such as monitor drug screens, knowledge of Breathalyzer, monitors self-administration of medications, etc.
- Assesses all new intakes to determine presence and extent of substance abuse issues; completes evaluation report.
- Develops and documents individualized treatment plans that address the needs of substance abuse client population.
- Ensures compliance with legal issues including but not limited to client confidentiality and risk management; ensures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- All full time Counselor employees will be required to participate in 50 hours of supervision by licensed staff during the course of one (1) year period.
- This position requires a BA degree in Social Science and one or two years of relevant case work experience with an adult substance abuse clientele.
- Must have CADC
- Ability to utilize NJSAMA reports(DASIE, Admission, LOCI, ASI, Discharge)
If interested to please send resume to Ann Jennings at: